Buying a Ticket from the Port
Good to know
Ticket offices at the port sell tickets to passengers who travel by foot and in vehicles as well. You can purchase a vehicle ticket that is valid in the general queue. If you wish, you can, for an added fee, purchase a priority queue right for your vehicle ticket. Tickets can be bought up to 5 minutes before the departure of the ferry and only for the trip for which passengers are currently being registered.
In order to ensure that everything goes smoothly, make sure you have the following at hand:
- documents that prove the right for buying discount tickets for passengers (see the list in the price list);
- vehicle registration certificate;
- bank card or cash for paying for tickets.
Purchasing a ticket as a private customer
In order to purchase tickets from a ticket office, do the following:
- drive up to the ticket office that has the “Regular” sign, the sign referring to the type of vehicle you have and that has a green light on;
- tell the cashier the registration number of your vehicle and the number of passengers in it;
- if there are passengers that have a right to a permanent resident discount or some other discount, hand their personal identification documents to the cashier;
- if you wish to add the priority queue right to your vehicle, be sure to let the cashier know right away;
- the cashier may ask for your vehicle registration certificate in order to determine the type of your vehicle;
- pay for the ticket in cash or with a bank card;
- take the ticket and receipt from the cashier;
- check the tickets and the change before leaving the ticket office;
- check the screen to see which lane you have to drive to and head there as soon as the barrier is raised.
If you travel as a business customer, then see also „Charging the tickets on a company’s account in a ticket office“.